Broad Spectrum Veterinary Student Association is now accepting applications and nominations for the 2019-2020 leadership team.
Available positions include vice president (president-elect), secretary, treasurer, public relations chair, chapter coordinator, and Pride VMC student representative.
These volunteer positions entail monthly video meetings, mentorship through Pride VMC, and an opportunity for development of leadership skills.
If interested, please e- mail the current president email@example.com.
VICE PRESIDENT (PRESIDENT-ELECT):
- Assists president with managing and planning meetings and events. Assists president with educational initiatives. Fills in if the president is absent
- *Please note that vice president is president-elect for the following year. If interested in this position, you are committing to two years on the officer board with your 2nd year as president.
- Takes notes at monthly meetings and distributes to executive board
- Manages organization bank account along with the PRIDEVMC treasurer. Distributes grant money to chapters. Assists in finding and applying for funding opportunities.
PUBLIC RELATIONS CHAIR:
- Drafts press releases and assists with letter-writing campaigns; manages social media accounts.
- Maintains contact information for individual Broad Spectrum chapters (officers/advisors) and distributes information (announcements, education materials, etc.) to those chapters. Attends monthly BSVSA meetings and maintains contact between the individual school chapters and the national board.
Pride VMC STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(S):
- Attends Pride VMC board meetings and relays information to BSVSA executive board
- Represents student interests on the Pride VMC board
Represent your school as a member of our board! Attendees of any North American school of veterinary medicine are encouraged to apply. We welcome individuals of any sexual orientation or gender identity, including allies!