Position Title: DVM Head of Animal Research Support – Michigan
Zoetis is the world’s largest pharmaceutical company with a singular focus on Animal Health products. At Zoetis, we discover, develop, manufacture and market veterinary medicines, vaccines, and diagnostics, complemented by genetic tests, biodevices and a range of services. We work to help meet the growing worldwide demand for meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy foods and to care for the increasing number of pets. With our singular focus on animal health, we strive to make our products, services, and people the most valued by veterinarians and livestock farmers around the world.
Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD), the research division of Zoetis, is headquartered in Kalamazoo Michigan. The Animal Research Support (ARS) function within VMRD is searching for a Head of Animal Research Support for its Michigan operations. This senior leadership position will report directly to the Vice President of Global Animal Welfare and Research Support and will be a member of the Global Animal Welfare and Research Support Leadership Team.
The Head of Animal Research Support plays an integral role in the delivery of the VMRD portfolio. This position is responsible for the strategic vision and direction of the animal research program in Kalamazoo Michigan and the Research Farm in Richland Michigan. This position aligns with the research functions and enabling functions to coordinate and execute an animal care and research program that is compliant with all applicable laws and accreditations standards while developing talent, ensuring robust succession plans, and managing a significant operational budget. Contributions to the Global Animal Welfare Compliance and Research Support leadership team is an expectation and will require alignment with global animal care and use programs as well as assistance in facilitating research and testing activities at all global Zoetis sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Animal Research Support will:
- Ensure exceptional animal care and welfare exemplified by compliance with applicable laws and accreditation standards.
- Understand organizational priorities and allocate appropriate resources to priority projects and initiatives.
- Ensure operational excellence in the conduct of in-vivo research studies that contribute to portfolio progression and product licensure.
- Ensure consistent execution of endorsed and approved service level agreements with internal and external partners.
- Represent the resource needs and accomplishments of the Animal Research Support operation in Michigan to the Veterinary Medicine Research and Development Leadership Team and the Zoetis Animal Welfare Board.
- Partnership and alignment with the research divisions of VMRD to ensure a constant state of readiness enabling the flexibility required to deliver the largest animal health R&D portfolio in the world.
- Develop talent with emphasis on developing future leaders and ensuring a robust succession plan for key positions in the Animal Research Support organization.
- Manage the headcount and operating budgets for the Animal Research Support function with appropriate oversight and fiscal responsibility.
For more information and to apply: DVM Head of Animal Research Support – Michigan